So, here she is. Nothin' fancy. I made this blog so I can save and share the story of my next adventure: living and working in Spain. Characters in the story (as of now) are me (Alexis) and my boyfriend, David. We recently spent a year in New York City, and now we're off to Madrid to teach English as a foreign language.
FAQs (Trust me, I know the script by now :))
- Yes, we have a place to live! No, the program doesn't pay for rent.
- No, we don't know how to speak Spanish fluently. But we both took Spanish for four years in high school (props to Mrs. Rizzo) and plan to re-pick things up quickly.
- June - that's when we made the decision to do this, which was pretty fast. There were many motivations, but overall we knew we wanted to make a move together...a big one!
- Of course we miss New York. Who said we can never make our way back there again?
- We'll likely be teaching adults and children in all kinds of settings - business, academic and private.
- No, at this point we don't know for sure what the plan is post-Spain. We have many ideas and dreams, so you'll just have to follow along to find out!
- ....And yes, we love visitors. Just give us a heads up. :)
We hope to keep in touch with all of you - and gain new readers too - so please feel free to comment on our posts, ask questions and share the blog with others. Shoot us e-mails as often as you like.
Only the beginning!