Sunday, August 28, 2011

Welcome!

So, here she is. Nothin' fancy. I made this blog so I can save and share the story of my next adventure: living and working in Spain. Characters in the story (as of now) are me (Alexis) and my boyfriend, David. We recently spent a year in New York City, and now we're off to Madrid to teach English as a foreign language.

FAQs (Trust me, I know the script by now :))

  • Yes, we have a place to live! No, the program doesn't pay for rent.
  • No, we don't know how to speak Spanish fluently. But we both took Spanish for four years in high school (props to Mrs. Rizzo) and plan to re-pick things up quickly.
  • June - that's when we made the decision to do this, which was pretty fast. There were many motivations, but overall we knew we wanted to make a move together...a big one!
  • Of course we miss New York. Who said we can never make our way back there again?
  • We'll likely be teaching adults and children in all kinds of settings - business, academic and private.
  • No, at this point we don't know for sure what the plan is post-Spain. We have many ideas and dreams, so you'll just have to follow along to find out!
  • ....And yes, we love visitors. Just give us a heads up. :)

We hope to keep in touch with all of you - and gain new readers too - so please feel free to comment on our posts, ask questions and share the blog with others. Shoot us e-mails as often as you like.

Only the beginning!
D&A
Brooklyn Bridge - July 25, 2011


6 comments:

  1. Hey! Great seeing you today Alexis. I look forward to reading all about Spain. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehem...

    http://gospain.about.com/od/tomatinatomatofight/qt/tomatina_dates.htm


    Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jeff! Good luck in all your adventures as well. I'm SO excited for you. ;)

    Shira - Thanks! You better bet that we're gonna do that in 2012! Juuuuust missed it by three days this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....so excited to have a front seat to your adventure!!! I applaud you for taking the risk. Here's a quote from Helen Keller: "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" Isn't that cool??? Have fun, take lots of pics...and stay there long enough for me to save up for a trip ;)
    LOOOOOVE YOUUUUUUUU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YA! So excited for you two! Added you to the reader, looking forward to reading about your adventures!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mama Chely - Thank you! Let me know when you're on your way. :)

    MB - I made the reader?! WOAH! I better spruce up my writing! lol :)

    ReplyDelete